The tenant should contact the property manager about the problem.
If they cannot be contacted, the tenant can arrange for a nominated repairer listed on the tenancy agreement.
Emergency repairs (as outlined by the Residential Tenancies Authority) are:
- a burst water service or a serious water service leak
- a blocked or broken toilet
- a serious roof leak
- a gas leak
- a dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm, fire or impact damage
- a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- a failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on the property for hot water, cooking or heating
- a fault or damage that makes the property unsafe or insecure
- a fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a tenant
- a serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area of the property that unduly inconveniences a tenant in gaining access to, or using, the property.
All other repairs are considered routine repairs and must be submitted in writing to our office.
You can submit a routine repairs request HERE
How do I get an emergency repair item attended to?
Due to the nature of emergency repairs these may be phoned through to reception on 3807 9077 during business hours.
Outside of business hours please phone your nominated emergency contractors on your lease agreement.
Owners sometimes nominate a preferred contractor different to our office so it is best to check your lease first.
Should you not have access to your lease agreement our nominated emergency contractor can be found below:
Electrician – Checl Electrical – 0401 568 969
Plumbing & Gasfitter – Peperzeal Plumbing & Gasfitting – 0408 713 251
Pumps & Water Tanks – Crystal Clear Tank Cleaning – 0411 436 710